1. Preserve the historical integrity of the Engine 494, its tender and caboose (hereafter referred to as the equipment).
2. Restore the equipment to a historically accurate state, utilizing
authentic materials whenever possible, and skilled craftsmanship.
3. Endow the restored equipment so it will be maintained for posterity.
4. Create a permanent display in Hartford, VT in such a way that
the equipment can be protected from the elements and accessible to the public, free of charge.
5. Provide materials and programs that enable the equipment to promote educational, historical, economic
and cultural values of our region.